Franc x Odessa puppies - July 11th

Franc x Odessa puppies - July 11th
Franc x Odessa puppies - July 11th

Monday, August 16, 2010

Puppies are FUN!

It's true. Puppies are the BEST! I am having *SO* much fun with these four little wonders. They are FUN!!!

There is also much work to raising a litter of puppies - laundry, cleanup, food prep, not to mention the fact that your schedule changes. For me, the schedule change has translated into less sleep...because I stay up late to play with puppies.

A typical weekday starts with a "potty" trip outside for everyone followed by breakfast for the resident dals, cleanup of the puppy area and then puppy breakfast. Trash goes outside and a load of doggie laundry gets started. Lunch time brings about more potty breaks, lunch for Odessa and the pups (snacks for everyone else), more cleanup, more trash and another load of laundry. After work brings more potty breaks, dinner for the resident dogs while I clean the puppy area, do another load of laundry, and then dinner time for the puppies. Shortly after this, they will fall asleep which will give me time to clean the puppy area again and deal with trash (again). Throw in some playtime for the resident dogs and maybe dinner for me, and then its puppy playtime again. Of course, there will be more trash and laundry before the night is over - these little ones can pee a river! It feels like I'm always feeding dogs, doing laundry and cleaning up the puppy area. But it is so worth it.

Puppy evaluation #2 took place on Saturday - pups were 34 days old. I think I'm getting a little better at stacking, but I still have room for improvement. I compared pictures taken on day 26 and day 37 and boy have they gotten big! I can't imagine how big they will be later this week.


And now for pictures...


Oreo sleeping


Cuddles is sticking out his tongue while he sleeps - too cute!





Buttons getting some attention

No comments:

Post a Comment